The Light Between Oceans (Release date: September 2nd, 2016)
Directed by Derek Cianfrance
Based on the book by M.L. Steadman
Starring: Alicia Vikander, Michael Fassbender and Rachel Weisz
So finally the first trailer for The Light Between Oceans has been released, which makes me: a)excited and b) now makes me want to read the book. Also, it’s starring Alicia Vikander, Michael Fassbender & Rachel Weisz – could this cast be more talented and stunning?
I am a major fan of Girls and Lena Dunham. So you can only imagine how excited I am that Girls Season 5 comes back this Sunday, February 21st!!!
P.S. Since I have seen the new Star Wars film, I will only imagine Adam Driver as Kylo Ren.
Me Before You – Out on June 3rd
Based on the novel by Jojo Moyes
Starring: Emilia Clarke & Sam Claflin.
This is one of my highly anticipated movies for this year. I read this book twice & both times the book wrecked me. The casting looks brilliant and I know I will be needing at least 2 boxes of tissue when I watch this film. If you haven’t read the book yet, I highly encourage you to do so.
Description from Youtube:
Louisa “Lou” Clark (Clarke) lives in a quaint town in the English countryside. With no clear direction in her life, the quirky and creative 26-year-old goes from one job to the next in order to help her tight-knit family make ends meet. Her normally cheery outlook is put to the test, however, when she faces her newest career challenge. Taking a job at the local “castle,” she becomes caregiver and companion to Will Traynor (Claflin), a wealthy young banker who became wheelchair bound in an accident two years prior, and whose whole world changed dramatically in the blink of an eye. No longer the adventurous soul he once was, the now cynical Will has all but given up. That is until Lou determines to show him that life is worth living. Embarking together on a series of adventures, both Lou and Will get more than they bargained for, and find their lives—and hearts—changing in ways neither one could have imagined.
What can I say, I love books. These are my top 5: most anticipated books that are coming out in 2016.
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab out on February 23rd. This is the sequel to A Darker Shade of Magic (ADSOM) which I loved. ADSOM is a fantasy novel that has magicians who can travel into parallel versions of London. I am so excited that this is coming out next week.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas out on May 3rd. The first book in this trilogy, A Court of Thrones and Roses was one of my favorite books of 2015. I can’t wait to find out about what happens next to Feyre and Tamlin. If you love fairies & Beauty and the Beast, read this series.
- The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Ahdeih out on May 3rd. What can I say I love fantasy. I especially love retellings of fairy tales. So when I found out that The Wrath and The Dawn, was inspired by A Thousand and One Nights – I quickly snatched it up.
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover out on August 2nd. I am a big Colleen Hoover fan. I love everything she writes. I have been known to devour her books in one sitting, like a bag of potato chips. My only gripe is that August is too far away.
- Never Stop Falling by Ashley Drew out on March 1st. I was fortunate enough to be able to read this book before it’s publication. I have certainly read my fair share of good and bad New Adult/Romance novels, but Never Stop Falling was very refreshing. Don’t let the fact that it’s a romance novel, deter you from reading this book. It’s a novel about second chances, whether it be with your crush from your childhood or with family/friends that you have fallen out of touch with, this book will make you feel all the feels.
So, basically I have been a bad blogger and haven’t been writing. I’ve been working and by the time I get home or have time off all I want to do is eat/sleep/watch tv/read/chill. I will try & resurrect my wanting to keep a blog (fingers crossed).